Danny began his career with the Boston Red Sox after being selected in the first round of the 1981 Major League Baseball Draft. During his 18 year playing career he spend 8 seasons in the Major Leagues with the Red Sox, Indians, Rockies, and Cardinals. Since then he has spent the last 19 years as a manager or a catching coordinator in the Cardinals, Astros, and Rays organizations. Danny has managed every level of Minor League Baseball, and created a developmental catching program for The St. Louis Cardinals and Then Houston Astros. During his years in player development he has won awards in each of the organizations he has been a part of.
- Home Run in first MLB game
- Member of the inaugural Colorado Rockies team
- Started and played 8 positions in the Major Leagues
- Played in the 1996 NLCS
- Hit .340 for AAA Pawtucket in 1986
Player Development Awards
- George Kissell Award, St Louis Cardinals
- Player Development "Man of the Year" award, Houston Astros
- "Future Major League Manager", Baseball America
- Yadier Molina
And Many More...